AI gets sophisticated about language but it still doesn't know science Watch Now The past year has been an eventful one for Nuance , a company with a rich heritage in OCR and document management, speech recognition, conversational AI and biometrics. In February Nuance sold its document imaging division to Kofax for $400 million, and in October it completed the spin-off of its automotive business into a new public company, Cerence . From now on, Nuance will concentrate on conversational AI and biometrics, particularly in the enterprise customer engagement and healthcare sectors. ZDNet recently caught up with two executives – Brett Beranek (general manager, security business) and Seb Reeve (director, international go-to-market) – at Nuance’s brand-new Soho Square office in London to explore the company’s new, more focused, direction. “We’ve got a new CEO [ Mark Benjamin , appointed in April 2018], and it’s good from time to time to have a fresh perspective on a business,” said Beranek. “Mark’s been laser-focused on making sure that Nuance is on a strong growth path, and has looked at the various divisions and product lines and identified those that are growth vectors for the company. The sale of imaging was part of… Read full this story
- Technology trends shaping the cloud and cloud security landscape
- Google's powerful AI spotlights a human cognitive glitch: Mistaking fluent speech for fluent thought
- You Might Not Get Any Smarter in 2018, But AI Will
- Scientists Develop Security Check System That Uses One's Breath
- The CEO Rebooting AI
- How will we know when an AI actually becomes sentient? | Digital Trends
- Indifi Technologies gets new independent directors on board
- What Is Google’s LaMDA AI, and Why Does a Google Engineer Believe It’s Sentient?
- How AI can help businesses leverage high returns on investment
- How a scientist taught chemistry to a celebrated AI
New-look Nuance concentrates on conversational AI and biometric security have 296 words, post on www.zdnet.com at November 13, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.