Friend-of-the-rich Boris Johnson does not give a monkey’s about hard-up pensioners. That’s clear from his fraudulent manifesto, which ducks the big issues facing old folk. Johnson promises an “extra” billion a year to shore up crumbling social care system – a fraction of the investment needed to prevent collapse. And he holds out the prospect of co-operation with other parties on the issue, forgetting the Tories have had 10 years to do this but did nothing. He had nothing to offer the “Waspis”, women born in the 50s and diddled over their pensions, and he is silent on the Tory drive to end free TV licences for the over-75s. His only promise is to maintain the triple-lock on state pensions – betray that and Read More General election manifesto policies 2019 Johnson has done the absolute minimum to beg for those votes. The fool in the polling booth will be him, not my generation of voters.
- Paul Routledge: Slippery Tories have no defence for river disaster
- Paul Routledge: No Covid-19 inquiry can halt the attack of the Bojo clones
- Coronavirus: Boris Johnson to address nation on new measures
- National salute: Britain claps for the carers for the fourth week as old and young take to the streets during lockdown - and even recuperating Boris Johnson joins thanks to the frontline staff battling coronavirus
- Delingpole: Huawei, Coronavirus, and Boris’s Great Brexit Betrayal
- First Captain Tom now great-gran Margaret: Pensioner, 90, raises £45,000 for the NHS with aim to climb her stairs 282 times - the equivalent of a 2,400ft Scottish mountain - after being inspired by Tom Moore, 99
- Johnson faces lockdown dilemma as scientists warn over grim virus data
- How did Britain get its response to coronavirus so wrong?
- Coronavirus live updates: Hospitalized cases in Bay Area reach April low
- Warning UK needs 10 WAVES of coronavirus before developing herd immunity
Paul Routledge: Boris Johnson's manifesto shows he doesn't care about pensioners have 299 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at November 24, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.