One of Diana, Princess of Wales’s most famous dresses has sold for £264,000. She wore the midnight-blue, off-the-shoulder, velvet gown by Victor Edelstein when she danced with Hollywood actor John Travolta at a 1985 state banquet at the White House. Bids on the gown, which Diana originally spotted in burgundy but asked Edelstein to make in blue for her, did not reach the reserve price of £200,000 at an auction on Monday. But it was later sold post-auction to Historic Royal Palaces. Eleri Lynn, curator at Historic Royal Palaces, said: “We’re delighted to have acquired this iconic evening gown for the royal ceremonial dress collection – a designated collection of national and international importance – over 20 years since it first left Kensington Palace.
- EBay And The 'Princess Diana' Effect On Royal Memorabilia
- John Travolta and His Dance with Princess Diana
- Diana Lives for Brides
- Pearl Jewelry - Wear Like a Princess
- Cutured Pearl Jewelry and Freshwater Pearl Jewelry - Princess Style
- Tips For Choosing A Magical Wedding Dress
- Prince Harry chokes up at the WellChild Awards as he talks about becoming a father - while Meghan Markle joins him on stage and re-wears her engagement dress
- Finding Wedding Dresses For Your Special Day
- Royal Memorabilia - Smart Trading and Fake Dodging
- Duchess of Sussex shows off the art of 'shrobing' as she drapes £1185 designer coat over her shoulders at the WellChild Awards
Princess Diana's Travolta dress sells for £264,000 have 220 words, post on www.telegraph.co.uk at December 11, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.