(CNN)When the clock strikes midnight on January 1, an unparalleled decade comes to a close: one that saw everything from NASA’s first all-female spacewalk to the aftermath of natural disasters and the death of Osama bin Laden. There were times of real change and hope. The White House was lit up in rainbow colors when the Supreme Court struck down same-sex marriage bans. The world watched in awe as a Thai soccer team and their coach were rescued one-by-one by a group of brave diving experts after being trapped for more than three weeks. And there were moments so shocking we were left feeling helpless. Twenty-six people were killed in a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School and eight parishioners and their pastor were gunned down during Bible study at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. Revolutionary moments made history in real time as anger and passion turned into movements — like the one made up of thousands of students who skipped classes worldwide to demand action from their leaders on the climate crisis. Here’s a look back at some of the news stories that defined the past 10 years. Read More Institutions were shaken by scandal WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange… Read full this story
- Fascinating history of the lost clubs of Liverpool 8
- 'It shattered me': Winston Trew on the decades-long fight to clear his name
- National Enquirer SHREDDED secret documents of damaging Trump stories that were hidden in a safe leading up to the 2016 election, Ronan Farrow claims
- Inquest to be held decade after teen's mystery disappearance
- EXCLUSIVE: Inside story on Klopp's LFC project so far
- What is the story of Catalan independence – and what happens next?
- Rugby League news: Latest from Hull FC, KR and across the game
- From Gangnam Style to Pizza Rat, here are the decade's 17 top viral videos
- Coleen Rooney accuses Rebekah Vardy of leaking stories about her after planting FAKE information on her private Instagram page to catch her out... but 'disgusted' Vardy tells her 'you should have called me first'
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS OCTOBER 14
The 2010s were relentless. Here are some of the most fascinating news stories that shaped the decade have 333 words, post on edition.cnn.com at December 30, 2019. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.