It’s not often we recommend a television that wasn’t made by one of the mainstream manufacturers (LG, Samsung, Sony, Vizio, etc.), but this particular offer on a 50-inch Sceptre is just unmissable. Usually $400, the budget high-resolution television is on sale for Cyber Monday for just $190. That’s right — we’re looking at a 50-inch 4K TV for less than $200. Crazy.
Of course, there are some tradeoffs here. To keep the cost down, Sceptre had to do away with Android TV, the smart software it usually bundles on its 4K TVs, so the 50-inch U515CV-U (not the catchiest name in the world, we know) won’t support one-click streaming out of the box. But a quick visit to Walmart to bag an $18 Roku SE will change that, maxing-out its IQ score.
Or if you’re wanting to make the experience all the more immersive, you could always invest in a Roku Smart Soundbar. It’s a little on the expensive side — when compared to the cost of the 50-inch Sceptre on offer — at $150, but’s a Roku Ultra streaming box and soundbar all in one, eliminating the need to hook up additional hardware, like the aforementioned Roku SE.
The fact of the matter is, if you’re shopping on a budget and are upgrading from decade-old, or even half-decade-old, HDTV, the 50-inch Sceptre is the most screen real estate you’ll find south of $200. And if you have your heart set on smart software, there’s plenty of affordable streaming hardware out there that’ll add all of the same features and then some.
After something a bit different? There are a number of fantastic Cyber Monday TV deals available right now, including a 43-inch Samsung NU6900 for $230, a 55-inch TCL 4-Series for $480, a 60-inch LG UM6950 for $400, a 65-inch Vizio V-Series for $450, and a 70-inch Samsung 6-Series for $550 — the latter of which is the best Cyber Monday deal we’ve unearthed so far.
Bargain hunters on the lookout for more fantastic offers ought to take a peek at our list of the best Cyber Monday deals. We’ll be updating it from now through the event, so we’d recommend making it your one-stop-shop for all the latest savings. More interested in the offers that are set to follow in the run-up to Christmas? Take a look through our extensive Holiday Gift Guide.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- This 55-inch TCL 4K TV is less than $300 for Black Friday 2019
- Amazon won Black Friday with this amazing Sony A8G OLED 4K TV deal
- This 55-inch Samsung 4K TV is a must-have at just $330 for Black Friday
- This 70-inch Samsung 4K TV is the best Cyber Monday deal today
- This 55-inch Samsung QLED 4K TV is still just $700 following Black Friday
- In 2017 the TV Is Just a Fancy Ass Computer Display
- 50 shades of orange? No, just two: Best fan reviews of new Browns logo
- Reality comes crashing back in, just as the
- Early Black Friday Deals Live At Newegg: Best Deals On Gaming PCs, TVs, And More
- Offbeat humor and upbeat messages dominate Super Bowl 50 ads
- A Second-By-Second Recap of That Bizarre, Ridiculous and Utterly Perfect KOCO-TV 'Gorilla' Apology Video
- Boston TV station cleverly measures snowfall using heights of local athletes
- Johnson says joining Boston Celtics was ‘a no-brainer’
- Dodgers hire 27-year-old TV announcer Joe Davis for 2016
- One bad strike: The problem with judging umpires on TV