Unions 1 through 30 just weren’t enough. Last year, Sledgehammer and Visceral Games veteran Michael Condrey founded a new studio at 2K Games. That studio now has a name, 31st Union, and it will develop an original game rather than assist with current franchises. Though 31st Union has not shared its first project, it will be “an ambitious and inspired new IP” according to Condrey in an announcement post. This will be its only project for a while, and the studio hopes its anticipated global expansion will bring diverse voices and perspectives. The studio is based in Silicon Valley, California, and will expand with a second Spanish location. “Our name and studio represent the spirit of California in its rich diversity of thought, art, music, innovation, and cultural representation that have defined the current golden age of entertainment and technology here in Silicon Valley,” Condrey added. Given that the studio’s recent founding and the ambiguous language surrounding its unveiling, it will likely be some time before 2K Games is ready to share more information on its project. It’s hiring across several departments, including game design, animation, producing, engineering, and art. Condrey’s resume spans the gamut of action/adventure games, though he’s… Read full this story
- What's the first setting you change when starting a new game?
- Biggest threat to 'Make in India': Chinese capturing India's automotive space
- The Video Game Voice Actor Strike Is Ending
- Best Mother's Day Gifts 2020: Gaming And Tech Gift Guide
- How Resident Evil 4 led to Visceral making Dead Space—instead of System Shock 3
- Doctors say it is too risky for schools to open on June 1 while children's tsar urges unions and ministers to 'stop squabbling' and get pupils back to the classroom as soon as possible
- Living the Kazakh life: The last days of astronauts before flying into space
- 2020 NFL Schedule: Best game each week, from Tom Brady's Bucs debut in Week 1 to a meaty Week 17
- Stefan Ratchford says playing three games a week would require sacrifice in other areas
- Some Xbox Series X games won’t hit 60fps “performance target”
2K Games’ 31st Union, led by Dead Space veteran, will make original games have 355 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 11, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.