Netflix is again the undisputed king of streaming services as evidenced by the latest audience report from Nielsen, the television ratings expert. Netflix accounted for 31% of all streaming on televisions, with YouTube coming in second at 21%. The report also showed streaming service usage had almost doubled in the past two years. Hulu and Amazon rounded out the top four at 12% and 8%, respectively. What may come as a surprise is that the rest of the field, which includes the rapidly expanding Disney+, accounted for 28% of television streaming viewership — not quite as much as Netflix alone. The results of what has been called the “streaming wars” were just part of the Nielsen study, which also found 60% of the 1,000 people surveyed have subscribed to more than one streaming service. It also found nearly 40% would add an additional service to their monthly subscriptions as the number of options continues to increase. Only 3% said they had plans to drop one of their streaming services. Nielsen’s report also indicated another staggering figure; there are nearly 650,000 unique titles available for viewing across all available viewing platforms whether streaming or broadcast. And, that was just in 2019… Read full this story
- ‘Lion King’ Remake Becomes Disney’s Latest Box-Office Smash
- After earnings report, Netflix stock fell despite overall beat
- Amazon Takes On Netflix, Apple Streaming, Pushes Video And Music Spending To $7B
- Netflix changes streaming marketing game with Bandersnatch
- Netflix to pay incentive for success
- Does Court Ruling Give Wal-Mart’s Vudu Access to Netflix’s Streaming Subscribers?
- Fans of 'The Notebook' are mad because Netflix is streaming an edited version in the UK
- The Crazy Numbers Behind Netflix's 20 Years of Success
- Netflix stock tanks despite record Q4 subscriber growth
- Hollywood’s summer ends 2% down despite Disney dominance
Netflix is still the king of streaming, despite Disney+ success have 294 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 11, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.