Eugene Hernandez, the deputy executive director of Film at Lincoln Center and founder of IndieWire, has been named director of the New York Film Festival. He’ll will work closely with Dennis Lim, who has been appointed the festival’s director of programming. The announcement made Wednesday effectively creates two roles, both of which were previously held by former festival chief Kent Jones, who announced his departure last fall. Hernandez will oversee the strategic direction and leadership of the prestigious festival and serve on its selection committee. He’ll retain his current duties across the broader canvas of Film at Lincoln Center, including as leader of its Artist, Industry, and Education initiatives and publisher of Film Comment, an online and bimonthly print magazine. Related Story ‘The Irishman’ Takes Bows At New York Film Festival World Premiere Lim expands his current role as director of programming for Film at Lincoln Center, which puts on films and events throughout the year at the organization’s three theaters and public space in Midtown Manhattan. He will now lead programming for the festival and chair the selection committee. The due is teeing up for 58th edition, which runs September 25-October 11, 2020. Hernandez said he has been a… Read full this story
- De Palma review – Scarface director reappraisal is a cinephile's nirvana
- Bergman films at ASI; Aizuri Quartet at Hamline
- Trump Taps Two Fed Nominees, One Conventional, the Other Not
- How I Aced My Role as a Porn Star, With Help From an ‘Intimacy Director’
- Alvin Ailey’s Associate Artistic Director to Step Down
- Kathy Houghton promoted at Literacy New York
- Pioneering indie film festival harvests honor on milestone year
- Executive Roundup: Céline Taps Berluti Executive as New CEO, Puma Names New North America President
- Beyond Nollywood: New Band of Africa’s “Hottest, Brightest Stars” Sparkle in NYC
- Will Foursquare CEO Dennis Crowley Finally Get It Right?
New York Film Festival Appoints Eugene Hernandez New Director, Taps Dennis Lim As Director Of Programming have 304 words, post on deadline.com at February 19, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.