Last year, Pablo Escobar’s brother announced a foldable smartphone to compete with the Galaxy Fold and Huawei Mate X. The Escobar Fold 1 launched at a fraction of the cost of the foldable devices from Samsung and Huawei. At $349 (Approx. Rs 24,500), the Escobar Fold 1 was the cheapest foldable smartphone in the world.Two months later, Escobar Inc. is ready to launch the second iteration of the Escobar Fold. The Escobar Fold 2 is priced at $399 (Approx. Rs 28,500) and features significant improvements over its predecessor. The Escobar Fold 1 was more-or-less a rebranded Royole FlexPai, while the Escobar Fold 2 looks no different from Samsung’s Galaxy Fold.However, the Royole FlexPai retailed for $1,320 (Approx. Rs 94,100), while the Galaxy Fold will set you back nearly $2,000 or Rs 1,64,999 if you buy it in India. However, both the Escobar Fold 1 and 2 severely undercut Royole and Samsung’s foldable handsets. The website even touts the Escobar Fold 2 as the “real Samsung killer phone”.Close So, how is Escobar Inc able to offer such vast discounts on its foldable smartphones. Well, CNET says that the discounts are made possible by sourcing units from “secondary factories” in China. The… Read full this story
- Best smartphone deals for April 2020: iPhone, Samsung, and Google Pixel
- Samsung Galaxy S20 and Z Flip launch under shadow of coronavirus
- LG V60 ThinQ 5G hands-on: It won’t break the bank, or when you fold it
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip on sale in Australia April 3 for $2199
- Sick Mexican security official who 'was given millions in bribes by drug lord El Chapo' offers to pay $2million in bail to New York federal court as he begs to be placed under house arrest because he fears catching coronavirus in jail
- Sony will let you sample PlayStation VR months before October launch
Pablo Escobar’s brother announces 'Samsung killer phone' Escobar Fold 2 at $399 have 290 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at February 5, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.