Huawei is reportedly able to access worldwide telecom networks through backdoors that are usually meant only to be used by law enforcement. The Wall Street Journal reports that U.S. officials confirmed Huawei’s access to these backdoors and that the company has been able to take advantage of them for more than a decade. “We have evidence that Huawei has the capability secretly to access sensitive and personal information in systems it maintains and sells around the world,” Robert O’Brien, U.S. national security adviser, told the Journal. The Chinese-based phone maker behind top-notch smartphones like the P30 Pro, Mate 20, and Mate 20 Pro, has reportedly built equipment that “preserves the manufacturer’s ability to access networks through these interfaces without the carriers’ knowledge.” U.S. officials told the Journal that they have been aware of the backdoor access since 2009 but declined to say if the company actually used this access since it was discovered. Huawei did not immediately respond to our request for comment but denied claims that it had any sort of access in a statement to the Journal. “[Huawei] has never and will never do anything that would compromise or endanger the security of networks and data of its… Read full this story
- Market Report - Telecom Network Market Size, Company Share To 2022: Grand View Research, Inc.
- Europe Energy Technology For Telecoms Networks Industry: Growing Demand For Green Energy Technology
- Global Distributed Generation and Energy Storage in Telecom Networks Market 2016 Industry Sales, Si
- Global Energy Technology for Telecom Networks Market Analysis, Size, Trends, Growth, and Forecast
- Drivers and Restraints of Global Energy Technology for Telecom Networks Industry
- MLM Training- The ONE SECRET to Success in Network Marketing
- The Secret Weapon For A Network Marketing Business
- Government Says US Still Committed to Development Projects
- Yukoners' health info to be easier to access, transfer in 2020, government says
- Why government say motorway speed limits could be increased
U.S. government says Huawei can secretly access country’s telecom networks have 322 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at February 11, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.