The UK could face a shortage of paracetamol as the coronavirus crisis wreaks havoc on supply chains in Asia. Exports of the world’s most popular painkiller – used to cure hangovers by millions of Brits – is being restricted by India as production in China dries up. Paracetamol is one of 26 medicines being restricted. Others include blood pressure, diabetes and arthritis tablets, which millions Britons rely on every day. India, one of the NHS’s main supplier of generic drugs, leans on China for almost 70 per cent of the active ingredients in its drugs. But many Chinese factories have closed their doors as a result of the outbreak after millions of citizens were ordered to stay home in a bid to contain its spread. The Department of Health said there are currently no shortages because of COVID-19, revealing it has stockpiled generic drugs in case of any supply issues. But India’s Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India said some chemicals ‘may face shortages for the next couple of months’. So far the coronavirus crisis, which is teetering on the verge of becoming a global pandemic, has struck down more than 91,000 people and claimed the lives of 3,100 A couple wear face masks… Read full this story
- Deadly coronavirus 'could ALREADY be in Britain': Heathrow passengers from Wuhan are placed in isolation as death toll soars to 17 and China prepares to ban ANYONE from leaving city of 11m
- China Lockdown Extends to Five Cities, 20 Million People over Wuhan Virus
- People around China queue to buy face masks amid fears of an outbreak of deadly SARS-like virus 'that could be passed through saliva' as vendors sell the medical products 'at 10 times its original price'
- FOUR patients are tested for suspected coronavirus in Scotland after returning from Wuhan with flu-like symptoms - as Health Secretary is urged to order checks on passengers on ALL flights from China
- Coronavirus – Chinese medics in hazmat suits pictured ON BOARD planes scanning passengers sparking global spread fears
- Disease that killed millions of China's pigs poses global threat
- African swine fever that killed millions of China's pigs pose global threat
- Now China's killer virus spreads to AMERICA: Man in his 30s is hospitalised as death toll from SARS-like coronavirus hits nine, cases reach 450 and health chiefs are poised to declare a worldwide public health EMERGENCY
- Brutal cold follows massive East Coast winter storm -- live updates
- Oceans in Peril: Primed for Mass Extinction?
Coronavirus threatens paracetamol shortage: Misery for millions of hungover Brits as outbreak wreaks havoc with supply chains in Asia have 395 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 3, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.