Jamie Oliver has got the go-ahead to renovate his £6million country pad set on 70-acres on farmland by adding a terrace – after revising his original plans. Archaeologists had opposed the plans to add a terrace in the back garden of his house, saying it would damage the historic significance of the 16th century, 12-bedroom farmhouse. But the council has now rejected their fears and has given the terrace the green light after the TV chef altered the plans. The 43-year-old, his wife Jools, 44, and their five children uprooted from their home in leafy Hampstead, north London last summer to move to the Spain’s Hall in Braintree, Essex. Jamie Oliver’s revamp of his £6million Tudor mansion was nearly derailed by archaeologists who are trying block the construction on the history-rich site The celebrity chef’s would-be terrace extension, wood-fired oven and kitchen fireplace (plans pictured) The Grade I-listed estate – of which the six-bedroom farmhouse is the centrepiece – sprawls over 70 acres and boasts 10 bathrooms, a great hall, dining room, a games room, two drawing rooms and a wine cellar. Stables, a tennis court and outdoor pool are also eye-catching features of the lavish property. It also includes an… Read full this story
- Shops get set for Wild Wednesday when national lockdown ends tomorrow with huge sales and longer opening hours - as desperate shopping centres enlist celebrities to urge people to 'shop physical' on the High Street
- Is your area getting a coronavirus mass testing scheme? Sixty-seven English councils that are part of pilot scheme to cut Covid infection rates revealed
- Pubs that don't serve food will get millions in extra grants in bid to stop them going bust during second lockdown
- Jonathan Van-Tam warns that face masks could be necessary 'for YEARS' despite vaccine and could become as commonplace as in the Far East (before Boris Johnson interrupts to say things WILL get 'back to normal')
- Is your area next for Tier Three? Essex and Bedfordshire could face tougher rules as coronavirus R rate in the UK RISES for first time since October - but total infections fell again in England in the first week of December
- FMIA Week 12: COVID Wreaks Havoc on the NFL, But What Did We Expect?
- Now ICELAND supermarket says it 'stands ready' to help Britain's vaccine roll-out with its freezer lorries after Boris warned there will be 'logistical challenges' in getting jabs to elderly in care homes
- It's Wild Wednesday! Dozens flock to lockdown-flouting gym as it reopens on the stroke of midnight - with pubs across the country preparing to welcome revellers back and more than a MILLION people queuing online for Debenhams fire-sale bargains
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES DECEMBER 12
- First batch of Pfizer's Covid vaccine will arrive in UK in 'HOURS' as military carry out dry run for Britain’s biggest-ever vaccination programme – but care homes will have to WAIT because packs can’t be separated
Jamie Oliver gets go ahead to renovate his £6million 12-bedroom country home set on 70-acres of farmland in Essex by adding terrace after objection by archaeologists have 477 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at March 5, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.