Microsoft announced yesterday that starting in May it will focus exclusively on security updates to Windows 10. It doesn’t plan to release any optional updates to the operating system in that time, and it’s not clear when things will return to normal because the decision was prompted by the coronavirus pandemic.”We have been evaluating the public health situation and we understand this is impacting our customers,” Microsoft said in a knowledge base article. In response to these challenges we are prioritizing our focus on security updates.” The vendor added that it’s “pausing all optional non-security releases” for all supported versions of Windows.Here’s how to get Microsoft Office for free (or under $50)News: Nvidia, Microsoft supply chains start recoveringMicrosoft said that “there is no change to the monthly security updates” typically released on Patch Tuesday and that “these will continue as planned to ensure business continuity and to keep our customers protected and productive.” (Which optional Windows 10 updates have made rather challenging in recent months.)Microsoft previously announced that it would continue releasing security updates for Windows 10 version 1709, the Fall Creators Update, until October 13 because of COVID-19. That way, people wouldn’t have to worry about updating to a more… Read full this story
- Importance of Performing a Windows Registry Update
- Glass Block Windows - 5 Steps For Installation Success
- Styles To Consider For Replacing Kitchen Windows
- Finding the Best Sunroom Window
- Windows XP Security Tips - How to Keep Your Computer Secure With Windows Update
- Where In The World Is Windows Update Agent 5.8.02469?
- 5 Tips For Better Window Treatments
- Do You Need to Update Your Window Treatments?
- A Contractor's Opinion on Vinyl Replacement Windows
- Installing Vinyl Casement Windows to Make Your Home Beautiful
Windows Optional Updates to Be Paused Indefinitely During Coronavirus Pandemic have 291 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at March 25, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.