Peacock, NBC’s streaming service, launched Wednesday for select Comcast customers, marking the networks official entry in the crowded field dominated by the likes of Netflix and Hulu. The service will be available to Comcast’s Xfinity X1 and Flex subscribers, who can access it by saying “Peacock” into their Xfinity Voice Remote. There’s no extra cost to access the service. For everyone else, Peacock is slated to launch July 15, but NBC executives are discussing the possibility of moving that launch up sooner. What exactly is Peacock? Drawing on NBC’s vast library of content, Peacock launches with more than 600 movies and 400 series. The service will also feature live news, sports, late-night TV (including a new show with Jimmy Fallon), and even reality shows. The crown jewel of Peacock’s TV lineup will undoubtedly be The Office, the long-running sitcom that has become one of the most popular shows in the streaming world, though The Office won’t be immediately available at launch. Other noteworthy shows on Peacock include Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, Downton Abbey, Friday Night Lights, and decades worth of Saturday Night Live, among other things. New episodes of shows like This Is Us will be available on Peacock… Read full this story
- AT&T says HBO Max streaming service to launch in May for $15
- Quibi wants to be the streaming service for people short on time
- Verizon Fios ditches cable TV contracts to become more like a streaming service
- Disney+: Everything you need to know about Disney’s streaming service
- Disney Streaming Services Valued at Over $100 Billion
- Best live TV streaming services for cord-cutters in 2020
- Falcon & Winter Soldier TV Show Planned for Disney's Streaming Service
- Apple TV Plus: Can Apple’s new streaming service win the Indian market?
- Retro game streaming service receives "substantial" investment from Tencent
- Now, a streaming service just for documentary addicts
NBC’s streaming service Peacock launches for Comcast subscribers have 315 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at April 15, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.