The trailer for the next Assassin’s Creed game – Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – has landed. Full of Vikings, medieval knights, soaring ravens, and a possible glimpse of the Norse god Odin, the short teaser offers an enticing glimpse of a new time and place for the long-running series – but the oddest thing about the trailer is how unlike the early Assassin’s Creed games it looks.The stealth mechanics that the Assassin’s Creed franchise is built on are hard to imagine in the world painted by this trailer, being far more concerned with large-scale battles between the soldiers of Medieval Britain and Viking invaders, in largely open, rural environments rather than the dense cities that allows your sneaking assassin avatar to do their best work.While we only got to see so much of the game’s world in its first trailer, it’s apparent that this is one AC game that isn’t overly interested in looking like an AC game.There’s been a growing trend towards more RPG and action mechanics in the famously stealth-heavy series, and the overall impression is of a series desperate to break free of the template laid in the early games. The last 2 AC games, Origins and Odyssey,… Read full this story
- World Series of Poker (WSOP) Top 40 Moments
- More Dating Mistakes - What Men Need to Know
- For transcendent fandom and tasty fried-chicken comedy, look to Montréal's Fantasia Film Festival
- "Kingdom of Heaven" Sought to Be an Epic Film, But Became a Disaster in Production
- Ben 10 Toys - 10 Things Every Parent Needs to Know
- How Children Learn Without Unnecessary Repetition - Teach Them How Their Brains Work!
- Why Most Home Run Kings Are Worthless
- How to Set New Strategies and Reap the Rewards of Life
- You'll only get a small increase in Social Security benefits in 2020. What should you do?
- Here's What's New In
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla looks epic, but the series needs to ditch unnecessary lore have 310 words, post on www.techradar.com at May 1, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.