Of all the groups affected by government moves to get schools and childcare settings fully open, the stakes are probably highest for childminders.No-one else potentially invites infection into their own homes while they work. Just like schools, many childminders never closed, instead staying open throughout the crisis to look after the children of key workers and children classed as vulnerable.Childminders are “the unsung heroes of the pandemic”, according to Liz Bayram, chief executive of their professional association, PACEY. So what’s it been like? How have they approached the vexed questions of social distancing and hygiene with the tiniest of children, and what are their thoughts about taking on more children as the lockdown eases? Some childminders in England told they can reopen ‘I had no clue what to do with my little boy’ Safety bubble?”You take each day at a time and use lots and lots of soap,” says Sara, a childminder from Lincolnshire. Before lockdown started in March she had a thriving business, making at least £2,000 a month – but she’s now down to about a third of that.She still looks after four children of NHS workers, including one with a parent whose job is in intensive care…. Read full this story
- What’s Child Care at the U Like?
- Report: Separated at the border, abused in foster care
- Purdue offers quick tips on picking quality day care
- Children’s Center of Medina County celebrates new building
- Home and Garden News and Events — May 2019
- Mental health care in Colorado in a state of crisis and a ruthless cycle of destruction
- Report: County should improve alternative to foster care for at-risk children
- Undocumented kids can get health care in California. Gavin Newsom wants it for young adults, too
- ‘Foster’ documentary addresses foster care realities
- Should siblings be kept together in foster care?
Coronavirus: How childminders are caring for children in their own home have 301 words, post on www.bbc.co.uk at May 27, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.