Game developers are preparing for the arrival of next-generation consoles from Microsoft and Sony. Epic Games is also not behind in the race as it has announced an update to its Unreal Engine to bring support for Sony’s PlayStation 5 and Microsoft’s Xbox Series X. The update essentially means a variety of games will be optimised for the next-gen consoles. The popular Fortnite could also be one of them. The latest iteration, version 4.25, is also expected to help developers better prepare for the new consoles. Epic Games said that the new version only brings support for the consoles and in the future it will be rolling out more updates for “optimizations, fixes, and certification requirements to support developers launching on the next generation of consoles.”ALSO READ: Epic Games gives in and launches Fortnite on the Google Play Store“No matter how powerful your target platform, you’ll want to squeeze every ounce of performance out of it, which is where profiling comes in. The Unreal Insights standalone profiling application now offers an improved user experience and introduces Networking Insights, which helps you optimize, analyze, and debug network traffic; we’ve also added a separate Animation Insights plugin to the Unreal… Read full this story
- GDC 2019: Epic Games shows off new physics engine, store exclusives
- PS Plus October Free Games: New update for PS4 gamers with PlayStation launch
- The creator of ‘Fortnite’ is trying to shake up the PC gaming industry — here’s why a lot of fans are very upset over it
- Gaming News: Finally some name changes
- ‘Conan Exiles’ Update Brings New Treasures of Turan DLC, Year 2 Season Pass and More
- Game review: Resident Evil 2’ remake doesn’t just survive, but thrives
- ‘Friday the 13th: The Game’ Coming to Switch, What Nintendo Victims Need to Know
- 2019 Game Developers Conference Open Today at San Francisco’s Moscone Convention Center
- Racism, misogyny, death threats: Why can’t the booming video-game industry curb toxicity?
- Preview: Novelist turns book into a video game with ‘Devil’s Hunt’
Epic Games updates Unreal Engine to add support for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X have 331 words, post on www.hindustantimes.com at May 7, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.