Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Last month, Matt Rhule gave the speech he’d been preparing, one way or another, since he knew he wanted to be a football coach back in sixth grade, growing up in New York City. Rhule didn’t actually give the speech live, which of course he hoped to do, seeing as it would be the first time he’d ever speak to his NFL team, the Panthers, sitting in the team meeting room in Charlotte. The rookie coach would tell his 62 players what kind of program he’d run and what kind of team they’d be. But the coronavirus changed everyone’s plans. The virus changed the speech too. Rhule recorded the speech on his iPhone, sitting at the picnic table in his backyard, the phone propped up vertically against a lantern. He reversed the screen, so his face would take up virtually the whole thing, and he spoke for 6 minutes and 21 seconds, setting the stage for the NFL program he wanted to build. Kind of funny:… Read full this story
- One thing we learned about each NFL team in Week 7: Patriots don't have a QB, Colts botch another QB trade
- Overall grades for each NFL team at midway point: Eagles, Bills ace midterm; Packers get embarrassing mark
- NFL winners and losers from Week 8, plus Bengals-Browns predictions and weekly grades for every team
- Three trades Cowboys should make before NFL deadline: Swing big by acquiring stud LB; bolster OL, WR
- Derry’s Week 8 NFL Picks: Trying to understand Saints-Raiders line; Patriots own Jets
- Week 8 overreactions and reality checks: Falcons best team in NFC South? Seahawks top dogs in NFC West?
- Tom Brady live updates — Gisele Bündchen wishes NFL star ‘only the best’ in statement posted after finalizing divorce
- NFL Week 7 Star Power Index: Joe Burrow catches fire, Patrick Mahomes continues to make history
- A new form of reality TV emerges from the sands of Laguna Beach
- Things To Learn: Notre Dame's pass game may be the 'secret' vs Clemson - Inside the Irish | NBC Sports
FMIA: ‘Just Figure It Out, Bro’—How The NFL’s Most Challenged Team Is Handling Distance Learning Reality have 368 words, post on profootballtalk.nbcsports.com at May 18, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.