Sandeep Goyal This Future Shock series is inspired by the Alvin Toffler book with the same name, first published in the 1970s. The book future gazed a rapidly changing world, propelled into newer and newer orbits by not just science and technology, but by newer political realities, sociological change and the emergence of newer opportunities, newer aspirations and newer lifestyles. But even Toffler had not visualized a world faced with cataclysmic change because of a pandemic, a metamorphosis triggered by a virus. Most governments around the world have temporarily closed educational institutions in an attempt to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. Some 1.3-1.5 billion students and youth across the planet are affected by school and university closures. These nationwide closures are impacting over 72% of the world’s student population. Several other countries have implemented localized closures impacting millions of additional learners. Governments around the world are making efforts to mitigate the immediate impact of school closures, particularly for more vulnerable and disadvantaged communities, and to facilitate the continuity of education for all through remote learning.School closures carry high social and economic costs for people across communities. Their impact however is particularly severe for the most vulnerable and marginalized… Read full this story
- No. 25 TCU 35, Air Force 19
- Is Sabathia a future Hall of Famer?
- NBA-worst Cavs shock Lakers at home
- Gameday Stats and Facts: Feb. 19
- Wolves prepare for future salary cap battles
- Lennon shocked by Wotte comments
- “We need to see more”: 5 queer TV creators discuss the present and future of LBGTQIA+ representation
- Never too early for a new Top 25
- Post-Senior Bowl NFL mock draft
- NFL post-draft power rankings
FUTURE SHOCK: 25 Education trends post COVID-19 have 267 words, post on brandequity.economictimes.indiatimes.com at May 14, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.