On April 16 US President Donald Trump appeared in the White House briefing room to unveil his official “Opening up America Again” guidelines. State governors were now encouraged to ease their coronavirus restrictions, but on the proviso their decisions were based on “hard verifiable data”. Whistleblower says Donald Trump sought quick fixes to treat coronavirus by trying to fast-track unproven drugs. Crucially, in order to begin returning to normal states were supposed to record a 14 day decline in recorded new cases or a downward trajectory of positive tests over the same period. “Now that we have passed the peak in new cases, we are starting our life again,” Trump said. “We are not opening all at once, but one careful step at a time.” Even public health experts and politicians who had criticised Trump’s response to the pandemic praised the guidelines, saying they struck a sensible balance between re-starting the economy and keeping people safe. The question was whether the White House would pressure states to follow the guidelines or allow them to be flouted. READ MORE:’If this thing boomerangs’: Experts warn of second wave of coronavirus infectionsCoronavirus: Trump raises Covid-19 death toll forecast to 100,000Coronavirus: US Government report… Read full this story
- CDC Advises Several Cities Including Philadelphia To Prepare To Distribute COVID-19 Vaccine By Nov. 1
- How the West was lost: JOHN MICKLETHWAIT and ADRIAN WOOLDRIDGE reveals coronavirus is making China all-powerful again after Europe and America stole its crown... and Britain only has itself to blame
- Prepare for COVID-19 vaccines by the end of OCTOBER: CDC instructs states to be ready to start giving out one of two potential shots DAYS before the election - but experts claim it's a 'political stunt'
- Second wave of coronavirus in winter could see fresh UK-wide lockdown, Matt Hancock says as report claims 85k could die
- China warns India it will ‘crush any aggression’ and army is ‘prepared for clash’ as nuclear powers square up on border
- 'My beating was so brutal I can't sit': British ex-public schoolboy, 31, left with horrific injuries after being caned 24 times while tied naked to a frame in a Singapore jail describes his barbaric punishment
- Coronavirus: US health officials worry nation not ready for Covid-19 vaccine
- India deploys warships and fighter jets day after China killed 20 soldiers in brutal hand-to-hand fighting along border
- California prepares for scorching, crowded Labor Day weekend
- Police declare a riot TWICE on July 4 in Portland while protesters risk ten years in jail for throwing a Columbus statue into Baltimore harbor hours after president called them 'Nazis' - as demonstrations continue across the US
'Genocide by default': US prepares for a brutal coronavirus slow burn have 424 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at May 8, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.