London Zoo says it could be forced to close permanently because the coronavirus crisis is costing it around £2.3million every month. The zoo has already furloughed 280 staff but needs a cash injection of £25million to stay afloat as it faces the worst crisis in its history. Dominic Jermey, director general of the Zoological Society of London (ZSL), has warned that, despite the remainder of workers also agreeing a 20 per cent pay cut, its reserves will soon run out. London Zoo says it could be forced to close permanently as the coronavirus crisis is costing it around £2.3million each month and the zoo has already furloughed 280 staff RELATED ARTICLES Previous 1 Next The lions can sleep tonight! Zoos and aquariums get £14m… Tens of thousands of animals including endangered Sumatran… Share this article This could put the zoo's world-renowned collection of more than 20,000 animals at risk and jeopardise ZSL's conservation research into protecting endangered species. Mr Jermey told the Daily Mail that in May the zoo expects to spend £2.3million – but had 'almost no' income. One generous benefactor has donated £500,000. ZSL also runs Whipsnade Zoo in Bedfordshire. Approaches for a bank loan have 'not succeeded'… Read full this story
- Shipping crisis hits big German lenders
- White House crisis fears extend dollar’s losses
- Wenger faces testing end to transfer window
- Mourinho faces laundry list of problems
- Lawsuit alleges top ad agency boss joked about raping colleagues and called black people ‘monkeys’ — read the full complaint here
- Who Will Save The Rohingyas? What Are SEA Leaders Doing To Handle The Crisis?
- Asian markets down on Trump crisis fears
- A CRISIS OF CREDIBILITY ‘Climate change nothing but a lie’
- World markets cautious in face of geopolitical risks
- Duterte seen talking down peso beyond 50-level of 2008 crisis
London Zoo may have to shut down: Bosses facing losses of £2.3m a month in the coronavirus crisis have 293 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at May 7, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.