“If there are 40,000 releases on Spotify a day, how are you going to stand out?” Currently self-quarantined at his home in Atlanta, Ben Hiott has never been busier. The 32-year-old is the co-founder of full-service digital marketing agency Get Engaged, which specializes in influencer marketing. Ever since artists began canceling tours and press runs as a result of the pandemic, “We’ve seen a surge in business,” he says. “We’ve become a necessary tactic for marketing music right now.” Founded by Hiott along with Cameron Fordham, 28, and Alex Dermer, 34, the Atlanta-based agency’s music division helps record labels discretely market their music on social media, whether through digital advertising, content creation (such as creating Instagram filters and gifs), or — increasingly — working with social media influencers to promote songs and artists on their platforms. Get Engaged has run more than 500 such music campaigns with acts like Marshmello, Megan Thee Stallion, Blink-182, Khalid, Big Sean and Steve Aoki, and some labels and artists now have the company on monthly retainers. As businesses shift to digital ad spending amid the pandemic, it’s boom times for Get Engaged: In the past few weeks, the agency has worked on campaigns to… Read full this story
- Jennifer Lawrence and What It Means to Be Hollywood’s Top Female Star
- Avicii: the poster boy for EDM who struggled with the spotlight
- Britpop is back! What's behind the 90s music revival?
- Lady Gaga net worth revealed ahead of A Star Is Born release
- Cristiano Ronaldo & Manchester United dominating digitally in China
- How Airtel is empowering youth through music
- An Attempt at Defining Indie Music in the 2010s
- HELLO!'s Star Mum Awards: Meet the inspirational winners
- The Evolution of Music Consumption: How We Got Here
- Inside the booming business of background music
Spotlight: Why Today's Biggest Music Stars Are Turning to This Digital Marketing Agency have 288 words, post on www.billboard.com at May 5, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.