Tom Cruise will film his next Hollywood blockbuster on location — 250 miles up in the air and orbiting the Earth once every 90 minutes. The “Top Gun” star will be flying through the stratosphere shooting an as-yet-unknown film aboard the International Space Station (ISS), NASA said on Tuesday. The space agency’s director Jim Bridenstine confirmed the news on Twitter, saying he was excited that the move would “inspire a new generation of engineers and scientists” to work on space travel. Cruise, 56, famously still does his own cliff-hanging, car-rolling stunts. He got his commercial piloting license after his role in Top Gun as Pete “Maverick” Mitchell, a hotshot U.S. Navy pilot who has a dangerous and reckless flying style, and reportedly flew some aircraft in the long-awaited sequel to the 1986 classic due later this year. But if his latest daring project goes ahead, Cruise will be the first Hollywood A-lister to appear onscreen from outside the planet’s atmosphere. Entertainment website Deadline Hollywood first reported rumors of the film shoot over the weekend, adding that tech mogul Elon Musk’s SpaceX venture was attached to the project. SpaceX is slated to launch astronauts to space from U.S. soil for the first… Read full this story
- NASA astronaut, Russian cosmonauts launch to the space station
- Hayley Atwell Teases Wild Mission: Impossible 7 Car Chase Stunts with Tom Cruise
- Tom Cruise hoping to be first Hollywood star to film in space for his final Mission Impossible instalments
- First time ever in space! Astronauts harvest radish crop aboard International Space Station; watch
- Tom Cruise is in great spirits as he joins co-stars Hayley Atwell and Simon Pegg in Venice to resume filming Mission Impossible 7
- China Launches Shenzhou 11 on Space Exploration Mission
- Major Tim Peake answers schoolchildren’s questions from space
- ‘The Revenant’ writer joins Quentin Tarantino’s R-rated Star Trek movie
- The 53 best movies on Amazon Prime right now
- 'It's about expanding Earth': could we build cities in space?
Tom Cruise to shoot next movie out of this world — aboard space station have 318 words, post on www.cbsnews.com at May 6, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.