Video game industry veteran Martin O’Donnell, who composed the music for Halo and was on Bungie’s board of directors, has spoken very openly about the deal Bungie made with Activision and how it all fell apart. The long and short of it is that O’Donnell had a bad feeling about the deal for the Destiny series from the very beginning, but the whole story is like something out of a movie.Speaking to YouTuber HiddenXperia, O’Donnell first clarified that it was Bungie’s seven members of the board of directors that collectively made the decision to work with Activision. O’Donnell was a member, so he acknowledged his part in the decision. O’Donnell also continues to hold stock in Bungie.Discussing the origins of the deal, O’Donnell said he has misgivings right away. “We knew it was a risk right from the get-go,” he said. “It turned out to be exactly as bad as we thought it was going to be. Everybody who no longer works for Bungie is going to say, ‘Yeah, it was bad from the start.'”Higher-ups at Bungie who still work there won’t acknowledge that it was a problematic deal from the start, O’Donnell said.”If you still work for Bungie, you’re… Read full this story
- Destiny 2, Beyond Light DLC Joining Xbox Game Pass
- Best Nintendo Switch Deals July 2020: Nintendo Switch Consoles, Games, Accessories, Online, And More
- Destiny 2: Beyond Light's icy new Stasis powers look great fun
- Destiny 2 Joins Xbox Game Pass With Beyond Light Expansion
- Destiny 2, Beyond Light DLC Coming To Xbox Game Pass
- List of every game confirmed for PS5
- Microsoft rolls out its big guns, but Xbox Games Showcase misfires
- The PlayStation Store Is Hosting A Huge July Sale On PS4 Games
- Donald Trump says 'what big tech is doing is very bad' as Amazon's Jeff Bezos, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg, Apple's Tim Cook and Google's Sundar Pichai are questioned by Congress on their 'monopolies'
- These are the unannounced games we want to see on the PS5
Bungie Vet Says Destiny Deal With Activision Was "Bad From The Start"; Microsoft Almost Signed The Game have 335 words, post on www.gamespot.com at July 7, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.