(CNN Business)Facebook is taking a swing at YouTube by bringing officially licensed music videos to its platform. This weekend, the social media giant will begin rolling out official music videos in the US. The content will appear on a new music section in Facebook Watch, organized by genre, artist and mood, and will also be available on Facebook artist pages. Facebook (FB) is partnering with Sony Music, Universal Music Group, Warner Music Group and others, and will launch with artists including Blake Shelton, Bob Marley, Diplo, Elton John, the Jonas Brothers and Nicki Minaj. YouTube also has similar licensing deals. Facebook plans to offer exclusive music video content and premieres from artists and popular personalities including Lele Pons and J. Balvin. The move is a direct challenge to YouTube’s dominance over music videos. The Google-owned platform has long been a popular service for listening to songs and finding upcoming artists. Pop megastars including Justin Bieber and Dua Lipa trace their origins to the platform. Many of YouTube’s most watched videos are music videos, racking up billions of views. Facebook is launching licensed music videos on its platform, a direct challenge to YouTube, which has long been a popular place for… Read full this story
- Music video Jananya explains why it's important to understand postpartum depression
- Russian Obscenity for Name, Porn as Visuals to Music Video: Rammstein Frontman Launches New Project
- Katy Perry's Dog Nugget Stars in Music Video for Her New Single 'Small Talk'
- Jordyn Woods Rides Carousel, Totes Birkin Bag as Star of Music Video for Gunna's 'Baby Birkin'
- YouTube to try again with new paid music service, aiming for March launch
- A-ha on fame, tours and why Take On Me has just hit a billion YouTube views
- Power Rangers' Becky G Gives Sneak Peek At New Mad Love Video
- Taylor Swift joins other music industry names calling for DMCA reform in campaign against YouTube
- As YouTube Turns 15, Google's Video Platform Sets Sights on Twitch and Netflix: 'Growth Will Only Continue'
- Here Are The Most Viewed Videos Each Year On YouTube on the Video Site's 15th Anniversary
Facebook is launching licensed music videos in threat to YouTube have 342 words, post on edition.cnn.com at July 31, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.