Even before Intel’s latest generation Comet Lake-S desktop processors launched, there were already rumors going about surrounding the generation after it: Rocket Lake-S. Now, there’s a new rumor stemming from VideoCardz.com stating that the Core i7 chip will feature 8 cores with 12 threads, this could be a typo, but if not it is odd to say the least.The site doesn’t name the source, but claims it is reliable. Three tiers of Rocket Lake-S chips can be spotted, ranging from the Core i5 up to the Core i9. The Core i5 chips are listed to feature 6 cores with 12 threads, and the i9 chips 8 cores with 16 threads.You might wonder how come the i9 chip doesn’t have 10 cores and 20 threads like the current-gen Comet Lake-S i9 parts do, but there’s a simple explanation to that. Rocket Lake-S is expected to be the first new line of chips from Intel that comes with a new architecture, but remain on the 14-nanometer fabrication process. Given these changes, Intel would no longer be able to cram 10 cores onto the die as it would grow too big, as even the Core i9 10900K is already at the limits of… Read full this story
- Toshiba Qosmio laptop Features
- Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Core I5- A Brief Overview of Gadget
- Dual Core Laptops: This Isn't Your Last Year's Laptop!
- Easy Steps To Build You Own Quad Core Computer
- Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
- What’s new in Intel Third generation core processor (Ivy Bridge)?
- New Features of Intel’s Next Generation Processor—Poulson
- Buying Intel desktop boards
- The Amazing Quad Core Computer
- Rumors About The Latest iPhone The iPhone 5
Rumor: Next-Generation Intel Core i7 To Feature 8 Cores With 12-Core Hyperthreading have 270 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at July 10, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.