close Video Will Joe Biden’s embrace of far left sink his poll numbers? Presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden has long been considered a political moderate. A new report from his “unity” task forces should put that reputation to rest. The 110-page document offers detailed policy recommendations for an incoming Biden administration. It would represent the most left-wing governing program of any president in American history. Perhaps that shouldn’t be surprising. One of the primary purposes of the unity task forces was to line up the base support of Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., behind Biden. To do so, the former vice president gave Sanders and several of his acolytes, including Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D- N.Y., prominent roles on the project. ANDY PUZDER: BIDEN’S CLIMATE CHANGE POLICY WOULD CAUSE MORE ECONOMIC HARM THAN CORONAVIRUS The resulting policy wish-list is what one would expect from a coterie of extreme progressives. More from Opinion Haskins & Talgo: Biden plan for free public college tuition could doom most private colleges Kimberley Strassel: 2020 presidential race is on — Trump, Biden address vital issues besides COVID-19 and race Doug Schoen: Republican vs. Democratic convention tactics present risks for Trump and rewards for Biden Take health care. The task force did not… Read full this story
- Election 2016: A look at possible candidates and who could run in the next presidential race
- Trans woman's road to DNC included ties to Markell, Biden
- Hillary Clinton hits Bernie Sanders on auto rescue vote in Flint debate
- Joe Biden's presidential decision hinges on family
- Sanders, Clinton trade blows in Brooklyn Democratic debate
- What would Sen. Bernie Sanders' 'Medicare-for-All' bill mean for you?
- Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders make final push for support during civilized Iowa town hall event
- Bernie Sanders defeats Hillary Clinton in Wisconsin
- Iowa Poll: Clinton slides, leads Sanders by 2 points
- New York primary notes: Clinton, Sanders to debate in Brooklyn
Sally Pipes: Biden a moderate? Sanders, AOC plans for candidate suggest this instead have 305 words, post on www.foxnews.com at July 19, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.