Intel is alerting distributors that its Skylake-X line of high-end desktop (HEDT) processors for enthusiasts is heading for the chopping block. As of right now, vendors can still order new Skylake-X parts, but the process of discontinuing the lineup has begun. And, honestly, good riddance.Discontinuing CPU lines is a multi-step process. It starts with issuing a Product Change Notification (PCN) document, which Intel has now done for its Skylake-X and Skylake-X Refresh CPUs (via ComputerBase). The document outlines various dates for different steps in phasing out certain CPUs. In this case, the key date is January 22, 2021—that’s the last day vendors can order CPUs outlined in the PCN, which at that point cannot be cancelled or returned.Depending on how many orders Intel receives, however, the discontinued chips could theoretically still ship out all the way through July 9, 2021. So, from now until around this time next year at the latest is your last chance to buy a Skylake-X or Skylake-X processor. Affected models include:Core i7 9800XCore i7 9820XCore i9 9900XCore i9 9920XCore i9 9940XCore i9 9960XCore i9 9980XESeveral Xeon W series workstation processors are also being discontinued, including the 2102, 2104, 2123, 2125, 2133, 2135, 2145, 2155, 2195,… Read full this story
- Intel HPC Roadmap: 800W Rialto Bridge GPU, Falcon Shores XPU, Ponte Vecchio with HBM Benchmarks
- Modular, DIY-friendly Framework Laptop gets updated with 12th-gen Intel CPUs
- I won’t give my husband our wifi password until he gets a job & pays his share… it’s a privilege that he hasn’t earned
- Orioles reset: Work scouting Adley Rutschman — before and after star turn — begins to pay off for Baltimore
- 'Desperate' man was 'dead for two minutes' after being electrocuted while stealing scrap to pay bills during lockdown
- Ryzen 7 5800X3D vs Core i7-12700K and Core i9-12900K Face-Off: The Rise of 3D V-Cache
- AMD's AM5 Will Launch With Only DDR5 Support for Ryzen 7000, Dual-Chipset Design
- Nvidia's Grace CPU Superchip to Power Two New Supercomputers Up to Ten 'AI ExaFlops'
- Best 17-inch laptop deals for June 2022 | Digital Trends
- Imec Presents Sub-1nm Process and Transistor Roadmap Until 2036: From Nanometers to the Angstrom Era
This is your last chance to pay through the nose for Intel's Skylake-X CPUs have 341 words, post on www.pcgamer.com at July 14, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.