Axon CEO: How technology can help enable police reform Watch Now Axon launched new cloud and artificial intelligence services as part of its hardware, software, and cloud roadmap and we caught up with CEO Rick Smith in a wide-ranging interview. Here’s the transcript: SPECIAL REPORT Digital Transformation: A CXO’s Guide You can download all of the articles in this special report in one PDF (free registration required). Read More Larry Dignan: Let’s just start at a high level. What the role of your company and the technology when it comes to police reform and some of the unrest that’s been going on? Rick Smith: Well, basically the way we think about it, police reform means we want to change the way policing operates and there are certainly political aspects to that, but there’s also going to be very important technology aspects. For example, body cameras are one of the bigger police reforms of the past decade that now that officers are wearing cameras, the public can see very clearly what they do during these incidents. And for example, I don’t think we’d be seeing quite the energy around police reform from the George Floyd incident if there weren’t body cameras… Read full this story
- Financial Conduct Authority and Bank of England collaborate over data transformation reforms in UK
- Singapore sets up inter-agency digital team with aim to create 10,000 tech jobs
- Bridging the digital divide in education
- Another consortium joins race for Singapore digital bank licence
- Fox News Anchor Shepard Smith Resigns Effective Immediately; Trump Celebrates
- Stop saying `IT coolies’ please, it’s no longer what India’s engineers are
- Anonymous hackers jailed for cyber attacks
- My journey into the dark, hypnotic world of a millennial guru
- Fast Company returns to Davos
- NHS IT: Can better use of tech give healthcare a shot in the arm?
Axon CEO Rick Smith on technology's role in police reform, reinventing 911 calls, and digital transformation have 304 words, post on www.zdnet.com at August 25, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.