Democratic Illinois Sen. Dick Durbin said the possibility of Democrats bringing lawsuits that could stop President Donald Trump’s executive orders on coronavirus relief presents a “moral dilemma.”As Republican and Democratic lawmakers failed to reach a compromise on a fourth coronavirus stimulus package last week, Trump signed a series of four executive orders Saturday to provide relief in the form of a payroll tax cut holiday through the end of the year, a prohibition on evictions, $400 per week for unemployed workers, and student loan relief. Referring to the “legal questions” surrounding Trump’s “authority to do these things” during a “Meet the Press” interview on Sunday, NBC anchor Chuck Todd asked Durbin if he thinks “Congress ought to file suit.” WATCH:“This is a moral dilemma,” Durbin responded. “We want unemployed people to receive benefits. We never wanted them cut off at all. So I’m not going to suggest that we run out to court at this point. I think some will. There will be some challenges.” “This country club fix suggested by the president is going to be a cut in the unemployment benefits for 30 million Americans,” Durbin contended. “It’s either going to be cut from $600 to $400 or… Read full this story
- Donald Trump says he plans to end 'ridiculous' birthright citizenship with an executive order because 'You walk over the border, have a baby, congratulations – the baby is now a U.S. citizen'
- Immigrants Following Trump’s Asylum Order Turned Back by Border Patrol
- 27 current senators were in Congress during Clinton's impeachment. What would they do about Trump?
- UC Berkeley in spotlight as Trump expected to issue campus free-speech order
- Ivanka Trump will do her job, whatever that entails, no matter what happens in Washington
- Bruce Springsteen slams Trump as un-American
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Pass USMCA Coalition - Restrictive state abortion laws ignite fiery 2020 debate
- Government Shutdown Because Trump and Republicans Want to End Legal Immigration, Congressman Gutierrez Says
- Execution of a Terrorist: Debates Over Timothy McVeigh's Death Echo 14 Years Later
- The Other Donald Behind Donald Trump
Dick Durbin: Possibility Of Lawsuits To Stop Trump’s Executive Order Presents ‘Moral Dilemma’ have 339 words, post on dailycaller.com at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.