Rocket-watchers could see three takeoffs from Cape Canaveral this weekend, the first time the Florida spaceport has seen many launches in the same week in nearly 20 years. On Saturday at 2:04am ET, United Launch Alliance’s Delta IV Heavy will take a National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) satellite into geosynchronous orbit more than 22,000 miles above Earth. Then, on Sunday, SpaceX will launch two Falcon 9 rockets – one bringing 60 more Starlink internet satellites into low-Earth orbit and another carrying a SAOCOMB 1B satellite for Argentina’s space program. The last time three rockets took off from Cape Canaveral in the same week was in August 2001. Scroll down for video United Launch Alliance’s Delta IV Heavy rocket is set to launch Saturday at 2:04am. If all goes as planned, it will be the first of three blastoffs this weekend, the first time that many have been planned for the same week in 20 years The last time this many crafts launched in a single weekend was when a Titan 4 rocket, a Delta 2 launcher and a NASA Space Shuttle all took off from different pads, Space.com reports. General Doug Schiess, commander of the 45th Space Wing, said this could… Read full this story
- SpaceX’s Explosion Reverberates Across Space, Satellite and Telecom Industries
- Atlas 5 rocket launches two Space Force satellites for tests of advanced technology
- Musk planning first orbiting SpaceX test flight in January
- Watch SpaceX Falcon 9 send satellites into orbit in record-breaking launch
- SpaceX is now bigger than Lockheed Martin: Elon Musk-owned company hits $100 BILLION valuation after secondary share sale
- NASA, SpaceX Launch Crew-3 Astronauts to Orbit on Flight to International Space Station
- SpaceX lifts off for ISS in recycled rocket
- Elon Musk erupts at ‘risk of bankruptcy’ for SpaceX as 'crisis much worse than it seemed'
- SpaceX launch: Four astronauts, including one German, head to ISS
- After a “thorough review,” NASA awards additional astronaut flights to SpaceX
SpaceX and United Launch Alliance are sending up three rockets from Canaveral this weekend - the first triple launch in 20 years have 306 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 29, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.