Running a business can often feel a lot like a game of risks. You need to assess the odds, make strategic moves, maintain consistency, and play your cards right to maximise your potential for success. It has its risks, but it is also rewarding. Some of the world’s top CEOs and entrepreneurs have been known to use the powerful strategic tools poker has to offer, as the game centres on strategy and the ability to read verbal and nonverbal cues.Parallels between poker and businessBoth, in business and poker, there is uncertainty, which requires you to assess risk, analyse competition, and prepare an effective strategy to deal with this. From decision-making to risk-taking, the game of poker challenges you at different levels just like in business. While luck is a component in any outcome, the world of poker and business is full of probabilities, so you need to weigh the odds and be prepared for a range of hands to mitigate potential risk.One of the big challenges business leaders face is the threat of competition as the stakes are high, just like in poker. To gain a competitive advantage, they have to understand who they are competing against, and decode what… Read full this story
- Mass Customization: Reshaping Business Strategy
- Elon Musk’s chaotic business strategy for Tesla is actually brilliant
- 'I founded my business while living on the street'
- Top Global Teachers Share New Strategies to Move Closed Classrooms to Borderless Vehicles for Lifelong Learning
- Learn how to take your business to the next level with Ameet Parekh
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 20
- 19 New View Strategies Boot Camps Now Include CPE Credit
- Teaching boys that 'real men' would stop rape
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES NOVEMBER 21
- Aviva boss Maurice Tulloch urged to end investors' confusion over strategy
What poker can teach you about business strategy have 292 words, post on www.moneycontrol.com at August 31, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.