If we wanted to just make a list of the biggest residences in the world, it would be full of palaces. The Sultan of Brunei's 2,152,782-square-foot, marble-laden palace would be at the top of the list. For our list of the world's largest homes, we tried to stick with privately owned homes, so we excluded Oheka Castle, Arden House, and some other Vanderbilt and Hearst homes, as many are now hotels, research facilities, or the property of a university or parks department, respectively. Read on to see just what kind of real estate big money can buy. 1. Antilia — Mumbai, India With a net worth in the billions, Mukesh Ambani is currently the richest person in India and on earth. The oil and gas tycoon can boast about owning the world's largest and most expensive private residence. The $2 billion home, known as Antilia — because, as you'll notice, naming your home is apparently a thing for the uber-wealthy — is a towering, 27-story skyscraper situated in downtown Mumbai. Ambani worked with architecture firms Perkins + Will and Hirsch Bedner Associates to build his personal skyscraper. Standing 550 feet high and hosting 400,000 square feet of living space, the… Read full this story
- America's biggest mass pirate burial ground holds remains of Captain Black Sam Bellamy's crew, say researchers
- How Donald Trump finally agreed to the biggest purge of Russian spies in US history
- As Hope Hicks departs the White House faces a difficult time replacing a key member of Trump's inner circle
- The World Trade Organisation is terrified of Donald Trump and will not stop the global trade war
- 10 things to do in Northern Ireland this week
- Trump believes Mueller investigation has 'gone too far,' White House says
- Kenya Should Rethink Fiscal-Consolidation Plan, World Bank Says
- Norway to build world’s biggest Viking theme park
- Symphony of the Seas: What's it really like on the world's biggest cruise ship?
- As Britain cries out for better quality, affordable housing, should we be looking to factory made homes?
10 of the biggest houses in the world have 332 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.