When a celebrity dies, fans can be left heartbroken by the tragic loss, but it can also lead to the celebration of a legacy they left behind. Whether it’s entertaining millions, inspiring people or helping to change the world for the better in some way, their contributions affect many of our lives, often in very significant ways. In 2020 we’ve said goodbye to a number of public figures from the world of stage, screen, sport, music and more. Among them were British acting legends Dame Diana Rigg and Dame Barbara Windsor, Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman, James Bond icon Sean Connery, musician Bill Withers, and beloved entertainer Des O’Connor. Here’s a look at the people we’ve lost this year whose influence will be felt for a long time to come. DECEMBER Pierre Cardin Fashion designer Pierre Cardin died on December 29 aged 98. The French couture legend worked for Dior in his twenties, before founding his own ladies boutique in 1954. Cardin’s early designs were worn by Hollywood royalty, including Rita Hayworth, Elizabeth Taylor and Brigitte Bardot. He also designed the iconic grey collarless suits worn by the Beatles in the 1960s, and helped bring high fashion to the high… Read full this story
- Olly Murs hasn't watched Caroline Flack documentary yet as he needs time to process
- Love Island stars lead tributes as former TV host Caroline Flack dies aged 40
- Caroline Flack's last Whatsapp message shared by ex Danny Cipriani
- 'How many have to die like Caroline Flack before trolling stops' says Louise Redknapp
- Caroline Flack's mum criticises Lorraine Kelly and Graham Norton over 'hurtful' jokes
- Caroline Flack's heartbroken mum blasts social media firms after daughter's tragic death
- Oscars 2021: With award ratings in freefall, hoping for the best in a lost year
- Happy birthday, Caroline Flack!
- Full transcript of "Face the Nation" on April 25, 2021
- Jane McDonald asks for hospice donations instead of flowers after partner Ed's death
Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Caroline Flack to Stella Tennant have 314 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at September 19, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.