According to comments from Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang during a conference call yesterday, we could see Nvidia-branded CPUs in the future, setting the stage for a new level of competition with Intel and AMD. Nvidia’s announcement yesterday of its blockbuster $40 billion ARM acquisition sent shockwaves through the semiconductor market, and many questions remain about how the two companies can merge their portfolios without alienating or competing with current ARM licensees – particularly when it comes to building CPUs. There’s been plenty of speculation that Nvidia won’t create its own CPUs at all, instead merely using its stewardship of ARM to foster a more healthy ARM server ecosystem that can leverage Nvidia’s GPUs tied together with CUDA and its Mellanox-derived networking stack.However, during yesterday’s briefing, Timothy Prickett Morgan from TheNextPlatform asked Jensen Huang, “Will you actually take an implementation of something like Neoverse first and make an Nvidia-branded CPU to drive it into the data center? Will you actually make the reference chip for those who just want it and actually help them run it?””Well, the first of all you’ve made an amazing observation, which is all three options are possible,” Huang responded, “[…] So now with our backing and Arm’s… Read full this story
- Arm CPUs impacted by rare side-channel attack
- Two Maoists say farewell to arms
- Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez: Jason Quigley says there is a 'high possibility' of him fighting the Mexican star
- WHO says coronavirus airborne transmission is possible indoors
- Twitter Says It Is ‘No Longer Possible to Stand Up for All Speech’
- British pharmaceutical says small coronavirus trial shows possible 'major breakthrough'
- Fauci says asymptomatic coronavirus transmission is possible following WHO confusion
- Arm processors: Everything you need to know
- Moving the needle from brand value to shared value: Erich Joachimsthaler
- Mainland China may start a sub-brand called Mainland Asia to distance itself from word 'China’
Jensen Huang Says Nvidia-Branded ARM CPUs Are a Possibility have 319 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.