Nvidia’s Ampere milkshake has brought all the kids out to play, including scalpers. As evidenced by a now removed Reddit discussion, eBay merchants are selling preorders of the GeForce RTX 3080 for extortionate prices.In view of its specifications, the GeForce RTX 3080 is poised to be one of the fastest gaming graphics cards on the planet. Marketing-wise, Nvidia isn’t holding anything back either. An Nvidia representative has assured gamers that the GeForce RTX 3080 will deliver an above 60 FPS gaming experience at 4K with maximum fidelity and ray tracing on. With such big promises, it’s not difficult to imagine why everyone wants a piece of the GeForce RTX 3080, even if it’s not for personal use.Related ReadingWhat makes the RTX 3080 so desirable? Our Ampere architecture deep dive digs into all the underlying changes that make this Nvidia’s largest generational performance increase ever.The GeForce RTX 3080 officially goes on sale on September 17, a mere three days from today. The Founders Edition sell for $699, while custom models are expected to retail for up to $900. However, opportunists on eBay are putting up GeForce RTX 3080 Founders Edition preorders for as high as $1,250, which is blatant price gouging.The… Read full this story
- Nvidia gets anti-competitive with unsavory GeForce Partner Program
- Devolo dLAN 1200 triple+ Starter Kit review
- Halo 3 Hits 1 Million Preorders
- Comments for : Late to preorder? No worries, the iPhone X is already being flipped at double the price
- Apple Watch preorders are selling on eBay for as much as $13,499
- Nvidia Releases GeForce 397.31 WHQL Driver For 'BattleTech' And 'Frostpunk'
- Lottery prevents scalpers from selling the Apple iPhone 4S in Hong Kong
- Adele goes after scalpers after millions grab for tour tickets
- Comments for : AT&T puts a $250 price tag on the Nexus 6 with contract, preorders start November 12
- NES Classic Edition scalpers benefit from eBay policy that ensures profit
Scalpers Sell Preorders of GeForce RTX 3080 for Over $1,200 have 312 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at September 14, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.