(Subscribe to our Today’s Cache newsletter for a quick snapshot of top 5 tech stories. Click here to subscribe for free.)WhatsApp delivers about 100 bn messages every dayWhatsApp users are now exchanging roughly 100 billion messages every day, as private messaging continues to be one of the fastest-growing forms of communication, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said during the company’s third quarter earnings call. Also, there are now more than 40 million people viewing a Business Catalogue every month on WhatsApp, COO Sheryl Sandberg said. In another update, Facebook launched several cloud-streamed games for its 380 million gamers.Google adds VPN to select One membership plansGoogle has announced that VPN will now be available on some Google One plans to provide an additional layer of online protection. One membership users on a 2TB or higher plan will be able to use the VPN service, and also share it with up to five more people at no extra cost. For the Android users the VPN will be rolled out in the U.S. in the coming weeks through the Google One app and will expand to more countries and to iOS, Windows and Mac in the coming months, Google said in a blog post. In… Read full this story
- Weekly Bytes | Zoom’s hybrid workforce features, Google’s data settings, and more
- Weekly Bytes | India PC market milestone, Amazon's Ring recalls doorbells, and more
- BlackBerry sues Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp for mobile messaging patent infringement
- Starlink project takes Musk's SpaceX valuation to $100 billion
- The end of unlimited Google Photos storage is part of a bigger pivot
- Google finally took RCS messaging worldwide but it's too little, too late
- Protect your privacy with the best cheap VPN deals for Black Friday 2020
- Google launches end-to-end encryption for Android messages
- NFL 2020 Week 9 live stream: How to watch today's NFL games online anywhere
- Will YouTube really block indie labels if they snub its new music service?
Weekly Bytes | WhatsApp’s 100 billion messages, Google’s VPN service, and more have 309 words, post on www.thehindu.com at October 31, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.