THE EU has threatened to PULL OUT of post-Brexit trade talks while Dublin says it is “imperative” for everyone involved that a deal is agreed. Talks remain stalled over the thorny issues of fishing and state aid as the clock ticks down to the end of the transition period on December 31. EU Commission president Ursula von der Leyen says the bloc is prepared for the UK to leave without a trade deal. “With very little time ahead of us, we will do all in our power to reach an agreement. We are ready to be creative. “But we are not ready to put into question the integrity of our single market,” she said. Follow our Brexit live blog for all the latest news and updates…Hana CarterToday, 21:42EU PLAYED DOWN FISHING MEETING EU chiefs have played down the importance of a meeting between fishing bosses and the chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier tomorrow. Disagreements over fishing have been a sticking point in Brexit negotiations. Barnier was allegedly due to head to London for face-to-face talks tomorrow, but when Downing Street was asked about the meeting, a spokesperson said: “that’s a matter for the EU and a decision for them”. Samantha… Read full this story
- Talk of Northern Ireland-only backstop off the mark – Arlene Foster
- You Have Me Lord
- Presenting - Alex Winch & the Beaches Solar Laundromat
- Interview With Joyce Shafer, Author Of "I Don't Want To Be Your Guru, But I Have Something To Say"
- Escape From the Dungeon: Jennifer's Survival Story
- Escorting Teens to Residential Facilities for Troubled Youth - Escort or Abduction? You Decide
- Presenting - Bob Murdoch from Centre 55 Has My Vote for an Honorary Doctorate of Community Service
- Traffic Stops
- Fighting Fire With Fire
- Lessons in Freedom, Taiwan President Comes to San Francisco Part II
Brexit news latest – Boris told to WALK AWAY from talks immediately after EU’s ‘extremist’ no-deal threat have 293 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 26, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.