NASA’s Perseverance rover is currently whipping through deep space on its journey to Mars, where it will arrive in approximately three months. But if you want to check in on the rover, then NASA has a new way for you to do that — you can hear a clip of the audio picked up by its onboard microphone as it cruises through space at 26,000 mph. Perseverance is the first rover to have a microphone aboard, and engineers collected a 60-second audio clip of what it picked up on October 19. You can listen either on SoundCloud or using the embedded link above. The hissing sound you can hear is the rover’s heat rejection fluid pump, which maintains the rover’s temperature by passing fluid through a heat exchanger. Although sound can’t travel in the vacuum of space, mechanical vibrations can be transferred through the solid body of the rover and be picked up as an electrical signal. The microphone is included as an experimental attempt to capture audio of the entry, descent, and landing (EDL) sequence when the rover arrives at Mars. “As great as it is to pick up a little audio on spacecraft operations in-flight, the sound file… Read full this story
- NASA Reveals Breathing In Space Mission Set
- NASA Curiosity Rover Latest News & Update: Finds More Evidence That Mars Was Habitable Billions Of Years Ago
- A Michelle Yeoh Star Trek Discovery spin-off is officially on the way and it sounds like Mission: Impossible in space
- Nasa on course to find ALIEN life ‘within next few decades’ – but warns we’re ‘unlikely to shake hands with aliens’
- NASA Latest News & Update: President-elect Donald Trump Shocking Proposal To Eliminate Global Climate Research For Deep Space Exploration; All Funds Cut?
- Space Viking lovers rejoice: The Endless Space 2 – Vaulters expansion is out now
- What was Mars rover Opportunity mission, when was it launched and has NASA abandoned the rescue effort?
- Nasa’s real ‘Wall-E’ mysteriously disappears after Mars fly-by – and sister spacecraft ‘Eve’ is missing too
- When did Nasa’s Mars probe InSight land, what are they hoping to find on the Red Planet and how long will the space mission take?
- Nasa is sending a HELICOPTER to Mars as part of a trailblazing new mission to explore the Red Planet
Hear the sounds of NASA’s Perseverance rover traveling through space have 390 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at November 21, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.