In the last 20 years, the eastern German city, where fewer than 4,000 of the 80,000 inhabitants are non-German, has been scarred by the two violent deaths of two African men. The second of these, the case of a Sierra Leonean asylum seeker named Oury Jalloh, is the more famous, partly because of the still-unresolved nature of his death. In 2005, his charred body was found tied to a mattress in a police cell that had been engulfed in flames — campaigners are still convinced all the evidence points to a murder and a cover-up. Read more: Jalloh’s ’bones fractured’ before dying in jail cell fire, say medical investigators Alberto Adriano, a father of three, had lived in East Germany and then reunified Germany for a total of 12 years before being brutally murdered by drunk neo-Nazis near his home on June 11, 2000 But there is no doubt about what happened to Alberto Adriano five years earlier. On the night of June 11, 2000, the 39-year-old Mozambican was viciously beaten by three neo-Nazis just outside his home near the Stadtpark, Dessau’s historic city park. He died three days later, in a coma, of massive head injuries. The three men who killed him confessed the… Read full this story
- Louis Theroux viewers are 'moved' as he revisits neo-Nazi pop duo twins who 'unlearned' their mother's white supremacist views and say they're 'so separate' from the little girls they once were
- Alleged neo-Nazi pleads guilty in Colorado synagogue plot
- Jamal Khashoggi killers have death sentences overturned in Saudi Arabia: Five men will now serve 20-year jail terms after journalist's sons 'pardoned' them
- Hollyoaks legend Jeremy Edwards returns as Kurt Benson for 25th anniversary – 20 years after he died in jetski accident
- New Zealand: Thousands demand removal of German Nazi's name from ski run
- HBO Max’s ‘The Murders at White House Farm’ EP Kris Mrksa On The Heroes Who Solved & Survived A Notorious British Crime
- Former Nazi SS guard convicted in Germany's 'last' Holocaust trial
- Guilty: Kotleba sentenced to four years and four months in prison
- Three Years After Elie Wiesel's Death, We Are Desperate for Voices Like His | Opinion
- Tunisian terrorist, 21, had turned to Muslim prayer from drink and drugs before murdering three people in Nice, his family claim - as France is warned to prepare for more 'terrible attacks'
Neo-Nazi murder of Alberto Adriano remembered, 20 years on have 372 words, post on www.dw.com at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.