In today’s tempestuous times, apps aren’t just tools to help us level a painting or get through the next meeting: They’re our lifeblood, the way we meet with friends, wind down, stay healthy. With COVID-19 confinement and work-from-home policies shaping our daily lives in ways we would have found unthinkable just a year ago (“What do you mean, the movie theater is shutting down??”), the right apps can help us get through it all. With an eye toward the changing world, Apple today unveiled its picks for the best apps of 2020 — a collection of games, tools, and utilities that have shone throughout this year — and also unveiled a new physical that award the company mailed out to the 15 apps that made the grade. Collectively, they offer an interesting window on the pandemic, as work and school were utterly changed, and entirely new forms of distraction were a must. “Obviously, things have changed pretty fundamentally,” Matthew Slemon, who leads the product team for Pokémon Go at developer Niantic, told Digital Trends. “What’s the essence of what our game is about, and how do we exist in the world of COVID?” Our stupid world The pandemic crisis and the… Read full this story
- Apple's iOS App Store suffers first major attack
- Australia denies banks interim approval to jointly negotiate with Apple on payment apps
- FoxSports reveals best fantasy SEA team at Asian Cup 2019
- TripAdvisor reveals best time to book summer hotel rooms in Hanoi
- Apple breaches $1 trillion stock market valuation
- iPhone XS, XR and the Apple Watch Series 4 launch: 5 things to know
- Apple event 2019: Everything announced at Apple's big March presentation
- SGT publications illegally sold on App Store
- Developers sue Apple over app store fees
- Apple hack exposes flaws in building apps behind 'Great Firewall'
Apple has revealed the best apps of 2020. Here’s what they reveal about us have 302 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at December 2, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.