Michael Gove is set to survive a New Year reshuffle despite reported clashes with Boris Johnson over coronavirus, Downing Street said yesterday. The Prime Minister’s new press secretary Allegra Stratton told reporters Mr Gove was doing an ‘excellent job’ on both the pandemic and Britain’s preparations for the end of the Brexit transition period this month. Newspapers were briefed at the weekend that the PM had clashed with Mr Gove over whether to put London in the top tier of new coronavirus restrictions. Michael Gove is set to survive a New Year reshuffle despite reported clashes with Boris Johnson over coronavirus, Downing Street said yesterday Mr Gove is said to have argued strongly for London to be placed in the highest risk category, only for the Prime Minister to overrule him after the Treasury warned the move would cost an extra 500,000 jobs in the capital. One Government source was quoted saying he was ‘the biggest dove of the lot’, adding: ‘If he had succeeded in shutting London we could have kissed goodbye to half a million jobs.’ But Miss Stratton yesterday insisted Mr Johnson was happy with the work of his former leadership rival. ‘Michael Gove has been doing… Read full this story
- Boris Johnson to slug it out with Tory leadership rivals for the support of Brexit moderates
- Labour bottles election AGAIN: Boris Johnson's latest bid to force ballot is blocked as he fails to win two-thirds support from MPs - but vows to try again TOMORROW amid signs SNP and Lib Dems could back new law
- MAX HASTINGS: Boris Johnson is a cavorting charlatan who will be an unfunny joke as PM
- Union warns Boris Johnson against civil service 'reform for reform's sake'
- 'Get Brexit done': How Boris Johnson’s election gamble paid off
- Boris Johnson's suspension of British Parliament ahead of Brexit unlawful, court rules
- EU anger at Boris Johnson's plans for a hard Brexit: Top negotiator Michel Barnier accuses PM of a 'race to the bottom' as No 10 hints at trade deal with Japan after signalling he'd reject Brussels trade rules
- 'I can't possibly say I'm relatable, what a ridiculous thing! 'Boris Johnson hits out at Naga Munchetty as she grills him over whether he's 'relatable', his privileged upbringing and girlfriend Carrie Symonds (as well as his tea-making skills)
- Boris Johnson’s ‘Radical’ Brexit Agenda
- Boris Johnson misled the Queen by asking her to suspend Parliament. Will he survive it?
Michael Gove will SURVIVE Boris Johnson's New Year reshuffle: Downing Street says Cabinet Office Minister is doing an 'excellent job' on Brexit and the pandemic have 398 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.