A rather exciting unannounced AMD mobile Ryzen processor has just surfaced. The Ryzen 9 5900HX (via Tum_Apisak) could be part of a new breed of mobile chips that support overclocking, similar to Intel’s unlocked HK-series parts.The Ryzen 9 5900HX, which showed up in an unreleased Asus ROG Zephyrus GX551QS laptop, comes equipped with eight cores, 16 threads, and up to 16MB of L3 cache. Existing Ryzen 4000 (codenamed Renoir) processors have a maximum L3 cache of 8MB, which means that the Ryzen 9 5900HX should belong to the next generation of APUs called Cezanne. Furthermore, the Ryzen 9 5900HX carries the Family 25 Model 80 identifier, the same as Cezanne.The Ryzen 9 5900HX’s specifications reportedly include a 3.3 GHz base clock and 4.59 GHz boost clock. In terms of clock speeds, the Ryzen 9 5900HX appears to feature the same base clock as the Ryzen 9 4900H. However, the unreleased Cezanne part does boast a 200 MHz higher boost clock speed in addition to twice the cache.The real eye-opener is the “HX” suffix. The “H” logically refers to the H-series chips that are AMD’s high-performance 45W parts. However, the “X” is a mystery for now. It could refer to an… Read full this story
- iBuyPower to offer record-setting overclocked AMD Bulldozer CPU in new gaming desktop
- IBM brings smarter home, mobile initiatives to CES 2013
- Oracle taps Nuance to bring voice to mobile apps
- Red Bend bringing virtualization to mobile devices
- Vodafone brings ex-T-Mobile USA chief on board
- AMD Ryzen release date, news and features: everything you need to know
- The best AMD Ryzen deals in April 2017: cheap Ryzen CPUs, motherboards and bundles
- AMD vs Intel showdown: what’s the best gaming CPU?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X review
- AMD’s next-gen Ryzen processors could arrive in just a couple of months
Ryzen 9 5900HX: Cezanne May Bring Overclocking to AMD Mobile CPUs have 298 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at December 5, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.