If your youngster is already interested in computers (and other mobile gadgetry), now is the perfect time to seek out the best coding toys for kids. There are myriad apps, toys and games available to teach coding skills to children of all ages and jumpstart those future techie careers. These days, though, the sheer variety of such educational tools can be downright dizzying. In recent years, most educators would agree that open-ended playtime activities and the ability to “scale up” in complexity as a child grows older are useful rules of thumb when deciding which STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) toys to purchase. “The easy advice is to look for something easy,” said Mike Matthews, director of curriculum and program innovation at Katherine Delmar Burke School, a private, all-girls school in the San Francisco Bay area that offers coding opportunities for its K–8 students. “Use really basic stuff to get kids into it.” Matthews also noted that coding skills don’t have to be tied to computer hardware; board games can be just as effective (and fun) for kids. The problem, he warned, is that some coding games can be too restrictive as players advance from one level to another…. Read full this story
- The Webkinz Love Puppy - Is This Interactive Toy Bad For Your Child?
- Where Are All The Great Kids Websites?
- New Toys Coming Fall 2007
- A Collectibles Primer - Diecast Toy Trucks
- The Most Frequently Asked Questions about Organizing Your Kid's Rooms
- The Most Important Gift You Can Give to Your Family is Your Time
- Top 10 Tips to Save Your Money
- 90s Web Design: A Nostalgic Look Back
- An Alaska Vacation - Try an Alaska Cruise
- View from the Blues Stage: Garage Band Evolution
The best coding toys for kids have 283 words, post on www.livescience.com at December 19, 2020. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.