“What we’re making now, these next-generation smartglasses, look 100 percent like a pair of regular glasses,” said Paul Travers, the chief executive at augmented reality smartglasses company Vuzix. “The difference is that you get a head-up display like you might in a high-end car or a fighter pilot’s cockpit.” Three years ago, at CES 2018, Rochester, New York-based Vuzix showed off its Vuzix Blade, a pair of Alexa-touting augmented reality (AR) glasses that featured a tiny (but not quite as tiny as it could be) LED projector in the temple that was able to project the image of a computer interface into your field of view. Now, after hunkering down in the lab, it’s back with its new product: A next-gen set of smartglasses it claims is its best yet. Shipping later this year, the Vuzix NGSG (“Next-Generation Smart Glasses”) promise to combine smartphone and smartwatch capabilities in a pair of glasses boasting a see-through 3D display powered by one of the smallest micro-LED display engines in existence. As a result, you won’t look like a total dork wearing them, Travers swears. Alan Kay, the pioneering Xerox PARC computer scientist, once labeled the original Apple Macintosh the first personal computer… Read full this story
- Singularity University: meet the people who are building our future
- Zuck wants Facebook on your face: Patent shows augmented reality glasses design
- The Bing operating system: Microsoft bets on deep search integration to beat Google
- Reinventing the grocery list for an environment-friendly future
- Tech's next big thing: Augmented reality
- I got a peek at what your 5G-enabled AR office could look like
- iOS 14 release date, devices and rumors
- 24 hours with the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip: a foldable that offers more than nostalgia
- Oculus Rift VR reviews are in: Should you buy?
- Hugh Jackman, Pete Davidson Movies to Screen at Tribeca Film Festival
Don’t let Google Glass haunt you: The future of AR glasses is far more stylish have 302 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at January 12, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.