Elon Musk has climate change on his mind. The billionaire entrepreneur has just announced a $100 million donation for a competition aimed at producing the best carbon-capture technology. The chief of Tesla and SpaceX announced the prize in a post to his 42 million Twitter followers on Thursday, January 21, adding that more details will be coming next week. “Am donating $100M towards a prize for best carbon capture technology,” Musk said in the tweet. Details next week — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) January 21, 2021 With climate change putting increasing pressure on the natural resources and habitat of both humans and animals, scientists say time is running out to turn things around. Many governments appear to be finally waking up to the idea that some serious work needs to be done to drive down carbon emissions, with a growing number of environmental organizations also working toward the same goal. Carbon capture is part of the effort. The technology prevents carbon dioxide produced by factories and power plants from entering the Earth’s atmosphere and causing a further damaging rise in the planet’s temperature. Solvent filters are one solution, with the captured emissions able to be stored beneath the ground or used… Read full this story
- Why aren’t Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk trying to colonize the moon?
- It’s Elon Musk vs. everyone else in the race for fully driverless cars
- Oil firms announce $1bn climate fund to clean up gas
- We are not yet doomed: the carbon cutters determined to save the world
- Trump hails Uber’s Kalanick and rockets SpaceX’s Musk to positions on Strategic and Policy Forum
- X Prize and IBM announce a $5 million artificial intelligence competition
- What is the Hyperloop? Here’s everything you need to know
- As billionaires ogle Mars, the space race is back on
- Robots will destroy our jobs – and we're not ready for it
- Power to the EV: Norway spearheads Europe's electric vehicle surge
Elon Musk announces $100M prize for carbon-capture technology contest have 313 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.