Intel confirmed plans to outsource production of some of its graphics processors to Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. about half a year ago and then outlined plans to produce some of its ‘Atom and Xeon system-on-chips’ at TSMC. The company also recently reiterated intentions to more actively use third-party manufacturing and based on a report from TrendForce, Intel’s outsourcing plans now include production of its Core processors at TSMC. The world’s largest supplier of microprocessors intends to produce some of its Core i3 processors at TSMC using the latter’s N5 (5 nm) fabrication process starting from the second half of 2021, reports TrendForce, a technology consulting firm from Taiwan. At present, it is unclear which microarchitecture the new CPUs will use and whether they will rely on any known CPU design, but by 2H 2021 Intel will have at least three competitive up-to-date microarchitectures in its possession, including Willow Cove, Golden Cove, and Cypress Cove. Analysts from TrendForce also claim that Intel will outsource production of undisclosed mid-range and high-end CPUs to TSMC in the second half of 2022. The processors will reportedly be made using TSMC’s N3 (3 nm) fabrication process. It should be noted that in the second half of 2022 TSMC plans to offer both N4 (which is IP-compatible with… Read full this story
- Why You Should Start Outsourcing Now
- Dog Training Leads And How To Start Dog Training Products Business?
- How to Get Started Creating Info Products Online
- How to Start Selling Your Products Online Today
- 7 Tips Why You Should Start Your Digital Products Business Online
- 7 Reasons to Start Your Digital Products Business Online Today
- Start With One Product
- Most Brands Don't Start by Being Engineered, They Start With a Product
- Top 8 Reasons to Start Selling Downloadable Products Online
- IT Outsourcing Reasons For SMBs
Intel May Start Outsourcing Some CPU Production to TSMC in 2H 2021 have 301 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.