Police have been told to fine Covid rule-breakers after just one verbal warning in another ramping up of lockdown enforcement, reports say. Officers will ‘move through the gears’ and charge people £200 if they think a person is flouting the restrictions and they will not go home when asked once. It comes as footage emerged showing three police officers surrounding a woman for allegedly leaving her house more than once in a day. Another four officers appear to arrest a different woman for what she claims was ‘sitting on a bench’ on the seafront. Meanwhile Priti Patel defended the way police have handed out fines for breaches, stressing there is a ‘need for strong enforcement’. Forces across England have urged people to stay home and avoid travelling as they continue to fine Covid rule-breakers. Several constabularies issued the message on Saturday as doctors said pressure on the NHS from coronavirus could get worse in the coming weeks. Elsewhere key workers became some of the first to be vaccinated against coronavirus at a mass vaccine hub in Newcastle as the government ramps up distribution of the jabs in the hope of ending lockdown by spring. People were pictured being given injections at… Read full this story
- Chinese military warns it can hit Hong Kong in TEN MINUTES as Beijing masses hundreds of armoured vehicles on city's border
- Wisconsin man, 82, is arrested for 'shooting dead engaged couple' 43 years ago thanks to new DNA technology
- EXCLUSIVE: British officials warn tourists flying to Dubai not to drink on plane after mother and daughter, four, were jailed because she had glass of wine on Emirates flight
- Netizens enraged with NYPD officers for arresting women selling food in subway
- The incredible story of Al Capone's long-lost brother who changed his name and became a PROHIBITION officer - complete with a 10-gallon hat and the nickname 'Two Gun' Hart - before reconnecting decades later with his notorious criminal family
- NYPD Defends Officers Caught On Video Handcuffing Woman Selling Churros Inside Subway Station
- Phoenix viral-video arrest puts focus on troubling police escalation incidents nationwide
- 'Egregious': Texas woman Atatiana Jefferson's killing and 23 similar incidents nationwide cast scrutiny on police training
- Boris Johnson warns Brussels that Britain cannot be 'held against its will' as Ireland mounts all-out bid to kill off his fledgling Brexit blueprint before it has even been formally tabled
- A 16-Year-Old Told Police She Was Raped. Two Months Later, She Was Dead.
Police 'are told to fine Covid rule-breakers after just ONE verbal warning' as three officers 'arrest a woman for sitting on a bench' and another is surrounded for 'leaving her house more than once' have 395 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at January 9, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.