In a surprise announcement, Qualcomm has taken the wraps off of a new chipset: The Snapdragon 870. Take a slightly deeper look, however, and you will find a lot of similarities between the Snapdragon 870 and the 865+ — they’re almost identical. Like the Snapdragon 865+, the Snapdragon 870 is built in Qualcomm’s Kryo 585 CPU cores, however it ups the clock speed to 3.2GHz from 3.1GHz, leading us to believe that it’s probably just a higher-binned version of the same product. Looking down the spec sheet, it is otherwise identical — same GPU, same supporting coprocessors, same modem, all down the line. “Building upon the success of Snapdragon 865 and 865 Plus, the new Snapdragon 870 was designed to address OEM and mobile industry requirements,” said Kedar Kondap, vice president, product management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. “Snapdragon 870 will power a selection of flagship devices from key customers including Motorola, iQOO, OnePlus, OPPO, and Xiaomi.” While the launch of the “new” chip does seem to be a bit of a cash grab, the Snapdragon 865+ wasn’t a bad product — it was Qualcomm’s most powerful chipset for 2020. It was featured in the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 series, the Galaxy… Read full this story
- Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 will feature Kryo CPU, Krait’s 64-bit successor
- Snapdragon Wear 3300 reportedly in the works for a massive Wear OS upgrade
- New York House Races Headline June 26 State Primaries
- Don't expect to find the Snapdragon 865 in many value flagships in 2020
- From Snapdragon 865 to 5G to 55W Supercharger - The iQOO 3 is a beast in all forms!
- Oppo Find X2, Find X2 Pro with Snapdragon 865 SoC, 120Hz displays launched
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 850 is made for Windows PCs with ‘innovative form factors’
- Qualcomm’s push against Intel worked, and we’re all reaping the benefits
- Oppo Reno 3 Vitality Edition With Snapdragon 765 SoC launched in China
- Intel’s three new Project Athena labs will help pave the way to 5G PCs
Qualcomm’s ‘new’ Snapdragon 870 is basically just a Snapdragon 865+ have 306 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at January 19, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.