The RISC-V CPU architecture is making progress across a plethora of devices. From soldering irons and watches to desktop computers, the open source RISC-V CPU looks set to make an impact in 2021. Seeed Studio and Beagleboard have today announced an official collaboration with StarFive, a leading RISC-V solutions provider. The focus of this announcement is the Beagle V, an affordable single board computer (SBC) which runs Linux and is powered by a dual core RISC-V.Image 1 of 2Image 2 of 2Powering Beagle V is a dual core 64-bit U74 RISC-V CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz and up to 8GB of LPDDR4 RAM. From a CPU perspective Beagle V looks to be slightly faster than a Raspberry Pi 4, but looking at the StarFive JH7100 System on Chip (SoC) we can see a Tensilica-VP6 used in computer vision projects, an Nvidia Deep Learning Accelerator (NVDLA) used for artificial intelligence and finally a Neural Network Engine. All of these point towards a board that looks on paper to be quite the AI / machine learning powerhouse. Best of all Beagle V is a purely open source product, with both the hardware and the software offered under an open source licence. ProcessorSiFive… Read full this story
- Sam Smith Announces New Collaboration With Burna Boy 'My Oasis'
- Organisers of Prince Harry's Invictus Games announce new 'early summer' date for contest in The Hague in 2021 after the event was postponed due to Covid-19
- Power Innovations announces new record in use of Hydrogen Fuel Cell technology
- 'It's like announcing it at 10pm on Christmas Eve!' Fury at Matt Hancock for announcing new lockdown for 4.5million people at 9.16pm on Twitter with less than three hours' notice the night before Eid
- Poly Says Hybrid Working is the New Collaboration Imperative
- Public Enemy are joined by Nas, The Roots, YG, and more to perform Fight The Power remix for a new generation at 2020 BET Awards
- Bright Eyes Announces New Album to Satisfy Your Millennial Nostalgia
- Mahindra Announces New Finance Schemes For Utility Vehicles And Accessories: Details
- Chandigarh housing board's new push to revive costliest housing scheme
- Kevin O’Leary Announces New Beanstox Mobile App: “100 Million Americans Have Almost No Savings for Retirement and I Want to Change That”
RISC-V Powered BeagleV Board Announced Via New Collaboration have 371 words, post on www.tomshardware.com at January 13, 2021. This is cached page on X-Buy. If you want remove this page, please contact us.